Halloween comes with lots of spooky scary creatures all around. Trailing is Thanksgiving Day that brings up the feeling of gratitude and appreciations in endless ways. It’s an important day when everyone shows their love, affection and gratitude towards the almighty GOD and the humanity.
Thanksgiving comes with lots of traditions and rituals. In today’s machine world, all of us have become mechanized just like robots. In this busy world we have no time for our nearer and dearer ones. But Thanksgiving day brings whole family around one table, eating same meal and discussing same issues that are often missed! Each one also shares their list of blessings they are thankful for. Thanksgiving day helps in discovering the true sense of happiness.
Along with all this joy, comes lots of work and mess to make the perfect for everyone. Here are certain tips to make your Thanksgiving day great and to help you avoid last minute hassles while doing Thanksgiving preparations.
Start in Early November:
- Prepare guest list. If gathering is shared keep a track of who is bringing what on your menu and also check any special food required for guests.
- Prepare list of perishable and non perishable items. Place an order for a fresh turkey now.
- Decide which glassware, flatware, table linens, napkins you will be using, clean them prior.
- Plan about decorations and table setting.
Two Weeks Ahead:
- Make sure you have enough chairs and tables and plan seating arrangements accordingly. Make inventory of your table clothes and napkins.
- Clean your refrigerator to make space for Thanksgiving meal and buy non-perishable groceries.
One Week Ahead:
- Quickly review your recipes and cooking schedule.
- Prepare guest room with fresh linens. Also cleanup the house.
Two Days Ahead:
- Complete the house cleaning and put up major portion of wreaths and decorations likes candles.
- Plan ahead for leftovers, organize bags and containers.
- Shop for flowers, decorative items and perishable items as well.
- Chill beverages and along with them clean and refrigerate vegetables. Clean and lay a fire at fireplace so it can be used later.
One Day Ahead:
- Peel potatoes, put them in a pot of clod water and refrigerate. Also finish of with chopping, peeling toasting that can be done before.
- Prepare stuffing and pies, along with side dishes that can be baked ahead.
- Do final touch up cleaning for rooms that will be used.
- Take out all serving pieces and set on the counter table.
- Distribute work among family members and relatives.
- De-refrigerate turkey 2 hours before and fill stuffing. Make gravy and last minute vegetables.
- Preheat oven to reheat food and breads.
- Enjoy Thanksgiving turkey with wine! Later sever the dessert.
Hope these tips can save you from last minute Thanksgiving shopping hassles.